Salamander Farms, LLC, its subsidiaries, and its affiliates (collectively referred to herein as “Salamander”, “Salamander Entities”, “we”, or “us”), which offer products and services including, but not limited to, retail products, gourmet items, spa services, leisure and group accommodations, golf services, recreation memberships, food and beverage production and service, hospitality management services and consulting. The Salamander Entities may also offer these products and services through various websites including but not limited to www.shopsalamander.com, www.salamanderhospitality.com, www.salamanderresort.com, www.innisbrookgolfresort.com, www.spaatinnisbrook.com, www.woodlandsinn.com, www.marketsalamander.com, and www.salamandertouch.com (the “Salamander Sites”).
Salamander is incorporated in the United States. The servers on which we store information are located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and processed in the United States. You hereby consent to these transfers.
I. WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
A. Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collected When Using Our Services
Salamander collects non-personally identifiable information automatically through the use of electronic tools such as "cookies" and "clickstream data" that are deployed on the Salamander Sites.
In addition, the Salamander Sites may use third-party software to analyze the Web pages that your computer visits while visiting our Sites. This information, called "clickstream data," is associated with your computers IP address and includes other information such as the type of browser your computer uses to access the Internet.
We collect clickstream data to optimize search engine results and may also use clickstream data to analyze which portions of our website draw the most traffic so we can improve performance of our websites.
B. Personally Identifiable Information Collected When Using our Services
Salamander may collect certain types of personally identifiable information from you, including but not limited to:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- credit and/or debit card number
- age and date of birth
We may collect this personally identifiable information at various times, such as:
- when you visit the Salamander Sites and if you make any inquiries through the Salamander Sites
- when you visit third party websites to make reservations at one of our properties. These third party websites transfer the personally identifiable information that you provide to us in order to process your request
- if you participate in any surveys, contests, or sweepstakes sponsored by Salamander
- if you register an account on the Salamander Sites; if you purchase products or services that we offer; or
II. HOW DO WE USE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We use information that we collect about you for various reasons, including:
- to deliver products and services that you have requested from Salamander
- to assist in fulfilling reservation requests that you have made
- to provide you with targeted information about services, products, and features that we offer and that we believe may be of interest to you
- to troubleshoot or respond to inquiries that we receive from you about Salamander products or services; and
- to operate and maintain Salamander services.
III. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Salamander Entities may share personally identifiable information with others such as:
- third-party service providers who provide technical support for the operation of the Salamander Sites
- third-party service providers who otherwise assist us in providing Salamander products and services that you have requested (such as shipment companies or mailing warehouses)
- other Salamander Entities, who may contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you
- to law enforcement authorities, government agencies, courts, or interested parties in litigation, when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and/or if compelled to do so
- to law enforcement authorities when we deem it necessary or appropriate to provide such information
- to debt collectors, payment processors, consumer reporting agencies and/or government agencies in connection with payments you may owe to us or to otherwise protect our rights
- to another business in the course of a sale to or merger with such business; or
- to another business, court or interested party in the event of a bankruptcy proceeding, in which case the information about you would be among our assets shared or transferred.
IV. HOW CAN YOU MAKE CHOICES ABOUT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
You can always choose not to submit any personally identifiable information to Salamander.
If you do not wish to receive communications from Salamander about our products, services, and features, you can unsubscribe to our marketing-related e-mails. We will include an opt-out link or reply address in each such e-mail. After unsubscribing, you will be removed from our database. Please allow us up to 10 business days to process your request. After unsubscribing, you may still receive messages about the status of your account, to resolve technical issues, or to confirm a new registration with us.
If you wish to make changes to any personally identifiable information that you have provided us, or if you have any questions about what we do with your personally identifiable information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note that if you do choose not to provide us with personally identifiable information, you may not be able to purchase products that we offer or take advantage of various features on the Salamander Sites.
V. LINKS TO OTHER (THIRD PARTY) WEBSITES
Salamander is not responsible for your access to and use of non-Salamander entity websites or any information you may share with them. We strongly recommend that you carefully review the privacy policies of all websites that you visit to ensure that you understand their privacy practices.
VI. HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the personally identifiable information we collect, we have implemented physical, electronic, and administrative procedures. These measures are based on commercially reasonable standards that similar companies use.
No data transmitted over the Internet, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure at all times. Thus, although we have implemented security measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of such information.
This Site is not directed to children, and Salamander does not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from or about children under 13, except as permitted by U.S. federal law (for example, if a child under 13 sends us an email without being asked). If we discover that we have received any personally identifiable information from a child under 13, we will delete such information from our servers and records promptly.
If you believe Salamander is storing or has collected any personally identifiable information pertaining to anyone under 13, please let us know promptly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IX. GOVERNING LAW
A. Governing Law.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Virginia without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Agreement or any Salamander services shall be filed only in the state or federal courts in and for Middleburg, Virginia, and you hereby consent and submit exclusively to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Either Salamander or you may demand that any dispute or claim between Salamander and you must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") in Virginia. Both parties hereby acknowledge and agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the AAA in Middleburg, Virginia to resolve the applicable dispute or claim if arbitration is demanded. An arbitration demand, however, shall not prevent either party from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
X. HOW TO CONTACT US
Copyright © 2009, Salamander Farms, L.L.C.